Development of a WordPress template for blog type websites, with front page and static pages. It consists of a full development, following WordPress standards for programming themes and that is already included in the themes official directory.
The theme’s main characteristics are the following:
- It is suitable for any device (it is responsive).
- It has templates for the pages with sidebar or in full width.
- It has 2 types of lists for the blog: a classic one, where the items are listed one after the other, and another one in blocks or mosaic style.
- It allows to set the colours, logo and front page image.
- The footer allows designs with 1 to 4 columns.
This is the first WordPress theme that I have fully designed and developed. As I have mentioned above, I followed the official guidelines of WordPress.org for the development of themes, in order to meet every standard. During the process, I learnt how to use the customizer to provide the template with a customization layer that makes it more flexible.
Its design is simple, clean and minimalist. I wanted to give it a slightly retro appearance by using lines that recall the interfaces of former decades, in order to give one more twist to the concept of a minimalist blog, so it may work well too for people who write about current topics in technology, social media, cinema, etc.
It is a personal project with which I intended to show all my knowledge about WordPress and its templates and to prove myself that I was able to develop something that was completely mine and to include it in the repertoire of WordPress. Thus, I have been able to contribute to the management system and its community.
This and all the themes I publish for free download are licensed under the GPL v2 or later.